- Version 2020.1.3.355
- Download 8
- File Size 1.85 MB
- Create Date September 20, 2019
Training Courses – is an application used for monitoring the progress of employees’ internships/courses. A course may require an end exam or a confirmation that the participant acquainted themselves with the required material.
The application is built from two processes, each containing a single workflow:
- Dictionaries houses the Courses Dictionary which is used to build a dictionary (list) of available courses. There can be two different types of courses: ending with an exam or not requiring an exam. The type of course/training is specified using the Exam required? form field. Each course can be associated with a link to the approporiate materials.
- Training Courses, contains the workflow of the same name, which is responsible for managing the course for its duration. Depending on the type of the training (with or without exam), the course will end after the participant signs off that they acquainted themselves with the materials, or will require a questionnaire. After taking the test, the participant is informed if they passed (or not).
Once the application is imported, two dedicated buttons will be available on the application’s Portal site. They are used for launching the workflows mentioned above: Add New Course to add an instance to the dictionary, and Start Training to start an instance of the main workflow. The application page will also provide links to various reports that help track progress, as well as the Trainings Dashboard which compiles information from various report views and can also we used to start workflow instances.
Interesting design tidbits:
- In the Training courses process, the user fills out a test where they are presented with a number of multiple-choice questions. The exam is considered PASSED if the sum of correct answers is at least 4. The Test results step presents a summary of the exam.
- Each Question (1-5) is defined as a Choice list form fields (found in Survey fields). The advanced configuration of the form field contains the question itself and 3 possible answers.
- The ‘value’ of the answer (0 or 1) is saved to technical form fields: Question 1-5 result
- The question that is considered correct and the value that is entered into the technical field (0 or 1) is defined for each Question form field with a form rule defined in the Style and behavior tab (form rule to be executed on value change).
To make sure that the most recent value is stored in the technical fields, each of the Question fields uses the Value change will cause default values to be refreshed parameter.
- The technical field: Sum of tests results is filled out by an action configured on exit from the Test questionnaire
- Based on the Sum of test results field, the flow control step will choose between the Try again and Passed
- The Test results steps presents the outcome of the exam. The Table of results field is filled out using the values in technical fields (0 or 1). Value change will cause default values to be refreshed and Set when refreshing default values parameters are selected on all fields to make sure that the most recent value is included.
- Information on whether the exam is PASSED or FAILED is set using the default value of theExam results form field based on the technical field: Sum of test results.
- The color and font size of the message informing whether the exam is PASSED or FAILED is based on a form rule defined on the Test results step:
- The basic (starting) interface for the WEBCON BPS Portal user can be changed to a Portal dashboard – in this application it is the Trainings dashboard.