Applies to version 8.2.x; author: Maciej Jarzębkowski
BPS Office addins install is a Web Part that interacts with Microsoft Office. It is a very efficient and comfortable way of processing files in the cloud. Configuring this Web Part is one of the first undertakings of many WEBCON BPS users.
Step by step installation.
Launching the Web Part
The first step in preparing our site to cooperate with Microsoft Word is adding an installation tile. Navigate to the site where you wish to install the add-in, and log into SharePoint with administrator privileges. Enter Edit page mode, find a spot for the new tile, and from the toolbar, click Insert -> Web Part -> WEBCON Business Process Suite -> BPS Office addins install.
After the Web Part has been added click on the drop down menu in the top-right corner and select Edit Web Part. This should bring up a menu on the right side. You may enter a custom title for the Web Part, and check the Allow to install Microsoft Office Word Add-in.: checkbox.
Save the changes by clicking Apply at the bottom of the menu.
The final effect should be a tile, used for installing add-ins in Internet Explorer
Installing the add-in in your browser
After configuring the Web Part, it is time to put it to use. Click the tile, then click Install.
The browser has been prepared to cooperate with the Web Part
Preparing the process for compatibility with Office Word
The final part includes properly configuring our process, so that it is possible to edit forms and MS Office files. Inside WEBCON BPS –Designer Studio, go to the desired process and select a workflow. Next, navigate to the Global form Template tab (3rd from the left) and notice the column on the right hand side – go to Attachment menu and check the box “Edit using SharePoint list”
This option will allow us to access all versions of the file, as well as enabling users to collaborate on a file.
Testing the Process
On the SharePoint site, find a appropriate file to serve as a test subject and click the Edit File button (furthest on the right)
W celu edycji, znajdujemy dokument na naszej stronie a następnie klikamy ikonkę Edycja pliku.
Another pop-up window will ask us whether we want to view the file (Read Only) or modify it (Edit).
Once the file is opened in MS Word, you should notice a new tab in the toolbar along the top of the interface name WEBCON BPS
This tab contains 7 additional options, from left to right they are:
- Version history – Allows us to track the different versions created when users edited the file. Also tells us who created the given version.
- Show recent changes – Advanced editor for tracking changes between versions.
- File information – Contains information about the author, creation date, who and when last modified it. There is also the files description and comments, if they were added. You can also add your own comment.
- File generation template – For editing file templates, with these we can quickly create thousands of personalized documents, like invitations and invoices.
- Update field – Used for updating fields in document templates. This tool is located in a menu in the right side column. It is useful for transferring a document template to a different workflow.
- Settings – For managing integration with Office 365, changing the site address, as well as ignoring certain sites – Sometimes comes in handy when generating and updating templates.
- About – Checks the current version of the add-in.