applies to version 8.x.x
Once WEBCON BPS Word Add-In is installed, after launching MS Word, following buttons will appear in WEBCON BPS section:
1) “History Versions” – displays version history
2) “Show last changes” – shows changes made to the document
3) “Workflow info” – displays the most important information about workflow element
4) “Form field values” – allows to add field values to the document based on chosen workflow element
5) “File generation templates” – allows to create a new template using fields specified in a chosen workflow
6) “User settings” – displays Add-In settings
7) “About” – displays information about installed AddIn
Please note! First three options: “History versions”, “Show last changes”, “Workflow info” are available only in case when document is already attached to a workflow element. In order to use those options, edit a file attached to a workflow by right-clicking on it. If a document is opened from any other source, those options won’t be available.
1) “History versions” (Fig. 1) – displays panel in which all earlier versions of document are shown. Each element has following information: document version, element step, user who modified the document and date of modification.
Two buttons are available:
- “Show differences” – allows to see differences between the current document and the one chosen from version history. After clicking that button a new “document comparison” window will appear, in which it is possible to configure comparison of chosen files.
- “Compare documents” allows to configure which changes will be displayed during document comparison and if these changes should concern single characters or whole words. Also, it is possible to set how the data will be displayed: in new, corrected or original document.
- “Refresh” – refreshes version history
2) “Show last changes” (Fig. 2) – compares current document with its modified version. The button is active only if the document has more than two versions. After clicking it, a new “Compare Documents” window will appear, in which user can configure file comparison.
3) “Workflow info” (Fig. 3) – displays the panel where important information about current workflow element are shown.
A commentary section is also available, where a new comment may be added. All new comments are saved in current Word document.
4) “Form field values” (Fig. 4)– allows to create a single document based on values entered into a chosen workflow element. Besides metadata, it is also possible to add other information and elements (e.g. barcodes).
5) “File generation templates” (Fig. 5) – allows to create document templates to be used for “Generate DOCX” action defined in WEBCON BPS. The whole process is very simple and requires only to choose proper workflow and then simply drag and drop fields from an Add-In menu onto a document.
6) “User settings” (Fig. 6) – configuartion parameters of WEBCON BPS Word Add-In.
a) Choose if you want Add-In to ignore site addresses saved in opened files. Program automatically connects to webservice working on a server, on which the element with opened Word file is attached.
b) Enter address of the site where WEBCON BPS is installed.
c) Choose a site log in option. Integrated log in connects with account of currently logged in user. In normal logging, enter the domain, username and password.
7) “About” – shows the most important information about Add-In such as: name, version, copyrights and the description of the Add-In.